Friday, August 22, 2008

Death, Where are you ?



Yesterday night i planned to take a portrait of smiling old man, Today I saw this old man sitting on the corner of road alone. I stopped my bike and went near to him asked him " can i take a snap of you" he replied "me?" i said "yes,sir! i want to take a photograph of you... smiling sir." he made me shock.

" My smile and happiness gone along with my Late wife.. my son sleeping disease which doctors told cannot able to cure. my daughter not accepting me and she think I'm a burden for her. Only My Daughter-in-law is only going for work and earning money but its not enough for spending my sick son and for her expenses so i don't want to be a burden for them at home so, I will be sitting here and spending my life by thinking about my life".

He continued " I want to die but I fear of pain because i think enough of pain in my life atleast i don't want to die with Pain, Death - Where are you ? take me with you without pain."

I cannot able to speak any thing..I just asked him could you smile but i never expect this from old man. Name: Mr. Nathan, age 83, two children, Going to home only at night to sleep because he don't want to be a disturbance for his sick son and daughter-in-law.

Whatever, In our conversation he told me he want to die.. but i can see the Fear of Death through his life, would you?

I show his best friend and place where he will spend whole day on next post.

Life will be very difficult, when you start depending on others and when you cannot able to make your own money.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sad to read his life story.
*God Photo & post from you.

Anonymous said...

Nice try. Since you want to improve, my comments are here...

1. You were looking down on the oldman.It would be better if you shot it level.Never shoot people from the top.
2. The old man is looking away and out of the frame.He should be looking into the lens or atleast to the right side of the frame.
3. too much shadow on the left.Use exposure bracketing if available in your camera.Always shoot in manual mode for better control and better pics.
4. Be gentle in photoshopping.
the highlights lacks detail( photographers dont like the subjects wearing white shirts..white makes difficult)
5.Buy an DSLR camera, Nikon D40 must be near 15000 rupees and buy a 50 mm prime lens f/1.8.You photography will tremendously improve.

And...
Enjoy yr photography :)